Obtain or print out an application (below). Complete form, include any required letter or essay and return to:
Attn.: Fr Wheeland Holy Cross Parish Office 4492 Lake Avenue Rochester, NY 14612
If you wish to contribute in memory of Sister Rita, please contact the parish office at 663-2244 and we will make arrangements for giving your gift.
If you wish to support our youth through Catholic education, a gift to one of the Holy Cross Scholarship funds would be an excellent way to help one of our young parishioners attend a Catholic school. For more information contact Holy Cross Parish.
There are six scholarships available each year to Holy Cross parishioners in Catholic grade schools or any student registered at Holy Cross School (K through 6) for the 2013-14 school year. Three more scholarships are available for Catholic school students through grade 8. And there are two scholarships for eighth grade parishioners who will be attending a Catholic high school. See descriptions of each scholarship below.
Scholarships Available for Those in Holy Cross School - Kindergarten thru Grade 6
Click here for application details
- Owens-Peck Family Financial Scholarship - $500 for single year
- Michael & Joan Ward Memorial Scholarship - $750 for a single year
- Sister Eugene Pearson, RSM Memorial Scholarship - $500 for a single year
- Daniel & Linda Cooke Scholarship - $500 for a single year
- Mary Licata memorial Scholarship for Excellence in Effort & Determination - (3) $1,000 for a single year
- Sister Carolyn Knipper, RSM memorial Scholarship - $500 for a single year
- Terri Masters Memorial Scholarship - $1,000 for a single year
Holy Cross Parish Scholarships for Catholic School Students Kindergarten thru Grade 8 Click here for application details
There are three Scholarships awarded each year to Holy Cross Parish Students in a Catholic School. The funds for these Scholarships are administered by the pastor of Holy Cross Parish. The scholarships are for students in Holy Cross School or students from Holy Cross Parish who go to any Catholic School, Kindergarten through Grade 8.
- Sharon Tartaglia Memorial Scholarship - $500 for single year
- Mary Licata memorial Scholarship for Excellence in Effort & Determination - $1,000 for a single year
- Pope John Paul II Memorial Scholarship - $1,000 for a single year
- Margaret (Marge) Marie Chodak Streb Scholarship - $1,000 per year for each of 4 years of high school
- Daniel Jerzak Jr Memorial Scholarship - $1,000 per year for each of 4 years at Aquinas Institute
Scholarship for College
- Louis B. Christopher Memorial Scholarship The Charlotte Social Club, Inc. is pleased to offer The 2016 Louis B. Christopher Memorial Scholarship.
Purpose: In honor and in memory of Louis B. Christopher, a Charlotte Social Club founding member and long-time resident of Charlotte. To award a $1,000 scholarship to a deserving student who is either a member or family relative of a member of Holy Cross Church, Rochester, New York.
Who Can Apply: Student enrolled full-time in an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States; United States citizen; Ambitious and motivated as evidenced by outstanding achievement in church, school, community, or work activities.
- List of involvement in church, school, and community activities and Academics: Minimum GPA of 2.75 or better
- Essay: 250 words or fewer indicating the applicant’s achievements in church and community involvement, and the applicant’s educational and career goals
- Recommendation: By current member of Holy Cross Church
- Resident of Charlotte, New York is preferred by Charlotte Social Club, but not required
- Accept the award in person at a meeting of the membership of the Charlotte Social Club, tentatively scheduled for the third Sunday in May, 2016, 12:00 Noon at Charlotte Social Club, 429 River Street, Rochester, NY 14612. Parents of award winner also invited to attend award presentation. Dinner (free) is included at the meeting.
Pick up an application packet in the parish center.